Dr. Andrew B. Wong received his Doctor of Optometry degree from the University of California, Berkeley School of Optometry in 2006. He received additional advanced training and experience, completing a residency in ocular disease at the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center in 2007. Prior to his optometric education, Dr. Wong graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Physiological Science at the University of California, Los Angeles in 2002.
Dr. Wong has received numerous awards for clinical and academic excellence including the Gold Retinoscope Award, the Beta Sigma Kappa Silver Medal, the Bernhardt N. Thal, OD VSP Excellence in Primary Care Award, and the George I. Deane Jr. Leadership Award. Dr. Wong completed the qualification process to become a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (FAAO) in 2008. His professional interests are primary patient eyecare, contact lens fitting, age-related macular degeneration, and the evaluation and treatment of glaucoma.
Dr. Wong and his beautiful wife, Karen, have been married since 2007. In his spare time, Dr. Wong enjoys traveling with his family to national parks, watching sporting events, and playing guitar with his church’s worship team.
- University of California, Los Angeles, Bachelor of Science in 2002
- University of California, Berkeley School of Optometry in 2006
- San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center Optometric Resident in 2007
- TPA Optometrist, State of California in 2007
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry in 2008
- Member of the American Optometric Association
- Member of the California Optometric Association
- Member of the Orange County Optometric Society