Maria Esther Salado, O.D. completed her Doctor of Optometry with honors at Southern California College of Optometry. Prior to completing her doctorate degree, she attended the University of California, Santa Barbara where she earned a bachelor of science in Biopsychology. Her clinical externships focused on primary care, the treatment and management of ocular diseases as well as specialty training in low vision. She also completed an additional year of advanced training by doing a residency in Primary Care and Ocular Disease at the VA Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center and Nursing Home.
During optometry school, Dr. Salado held several leadership positions such as vice-president of the Spanish optometric society and board member of the SCCO Student Association. She has volunteered her time at several local vision screenings such as Care Harbor and Special Olympics as well as traveled to El Salvador and Fiji as part of a mission trips to provide free eye care to those in need. She is TLG licensed and is currently working on becoming a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry.
Dr. Salado is fluent in Spanish and in her free time she enjoys going to Disneyland, taking Zumba classes, and spending time with friends and family.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Science
- Southern California College of Optometry, MBKU
- VA Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center and Nursing Home, Optometric Resident
- TLG licensed Optometrist, State of California
- Member of the American Optometric Association
- Member of the California Optometric Association
- Member of the Rio Hondo Optometric Society